During the holidays, we worked with some key clients to identify some very interesting edge cases related to specific payment gateways and how checkout works with customers whose session had timed out.
As always, please test your upgrades on a development version of your site first. Be sure to back-up prior to upgrade, and merge any noted viewset changes as desired. We're not responsible for any Hotcakes that get spilled on the floor.
Downloads & Installation/Upgrade Packages
Version 2.0 and Cloud customers may upgrade free of charge. If you're still on version 01.xx, you'll first need to upgrade to a version 2.0 license.
Hotcakes Partners will find these downloads already available in the partner portal.
All of our other related downloads are always available on our download page.
This release addresses a few issues reported by clients in support.
- 35984 - Improved Authorize.Net transaction processing for failed & repeated orders - Customers and merchants alike will have a better user experience when placing and managing orders that had one or more issues with credit card info before being placed successfully.
- 36348 - SI: PayPal Express doesn't always send/receive billing address information
- 35984 - Carts cancelled by customer don't appear in order manager
- 36171 - Cancelled PayPal Express carts can crash order details administration view
- 36836 - Credit card report can crash in some PayPal Express scenarios
- 37036 - Cart cancelled by customer stays in the current session
This release doesn't have any viewset changes, but you should always perform a comparison of your viewset to the default viewset anyway to ensure that you have any desired updates from prior releases.
Support, Questions, Concerns
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or create a support request using the link above. Please know that we can't publicly comment in any way further about the security bulletin.
In addition to the terms and conditions outlined in our EULA/SLA:
The information provided in the Hotcakes Commerce, LLC (HOTCAKES) knowledge base is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. HOTCAKES disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall HOTCAKES or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if HOTCAKES or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.