Accepting payment is a common thing for most e-commerce websites. This allows you to charge and process currency in exchange for your products. Hotcakes Commerce comes with a number of available options for you to accept payments of various kinds.
A payment gateway is a payment processing option that allows you to seamlessly enter and accept credit card payments directly from your checkout page. Payment gateways are found as the Credit Card payment method option, as shown below.
The following payment gateways are available to you as out-of-the-box options.
- Authorize.Net - This is arguably the most popular payment gateway available around the world, and it's certainly most commonly by our clients as well.
- Beanstream - This is one of the more popular payment options in Canada.
- Ogone - This payment gateway is very popular in Europe. We also have an offsite version of this payment provider.
- Payleap - This provider focuses on providing services to small and medium sized businesses primarily in North America.
- PayPal Payments Pro - We also have the Express version available as a payment method.
- Stripe - This is our favorite provider. It has nearly all of the features of any of the others, better error reporting, and an easy to use administration area.
- Test Gateway - This is purely used to test payments and order processing during the evaluation and/or development process. The payments are not sent to any other processor.
Payment methods are any other method that either doesn't accept a credit card directly on your website. The out-of-the-box methods are described below. Many of these can be re-purposed for other payment scenarios too.
- Cash on Delivery
- Company Account
- PayPal Express
- Purchase Order
If you have the need to add a payment gateway or method not shown above, it can be added either by sponsoring an enhancement, or by adding your own using our extension points.