Hotcakes lets you customize the way a customer interacts with your store. There are many ways to do this, but some of them can be turned on and off. The extensibility view allows you to optionally switch your order workflow and action delegates when you need to.
The following prerequisites will be necessary to accomplish the goals of this article:
- Have access to your Hotcakes store administration
- An understanding of how extension points work in Hotcakes
Before you can change the extensions that are available here, a developer will have had to first create and install them for you.
Extensibility is found by choose it from the control panel menu.
This brings you to the extensibility configuration page.
You can change four items in extensibility. From each drop down list, choose the integration option you want to implement
Custom Order Workflow
The first drop down list allows you to change the order workflow that's being used. This controls the various events and tasks that occur throughout the various order processing stages. By default, you'll be using the Hotcakes order workflow, but you may be able to switch to using your own if you have it installed. You can learn more about how developers build custom order workflows in the developer section.
Action Delegate Pipeline
Like the order workflow, there needs to be an action delegate installed before you can select it here. The final 3 drop down lists allow you to select the respective action delegate to intercept and run your own business logic when customers attempt to move from step to step in the shopping process. You can learn more about how developers build action delegates in the developer section.
- Product Integration - The selected code will run after a customer clicks the Add to Cart button, but before they're forwarded to the cart page.
- Cart Integration - The selected code will run after a customer clicks the Checkout button, but before they're forwarded to the cart page.
- Checkout Integration - The selected code will run after a customer clicks the Place Order button, but before the order is actually placed.
After you select your extensibility updates, click the Save Changes button to save the settings.