Version 2.0 has received a ton of great feedback. We thank you so much for your support with 2.0 and everything that came with it.
This release addresses a few nagging bugs that a some of you ran into with version 2.0.
As always, please test your upgrades on a development version of your site first. Be sure to back-up prior to upgrade, and merge any noted viewset changes as desired. We're not responsible for any Hotcakes that get spilled on the floor.
Downloads & Installation/Upgrade Packages
Version 2.0 and Cloud customers may upgrade free of charge. Everyone else will first need to upgrade to a version 2.0 license.
Hotcakes Partners will find these downloads already available in the partner portal.
All of our other related downloads are always available on our download page.
We hope you enjoy our latest release!
We’d like to say thank you for our customers for being so amazing with the feedback so far in version 2.0. We also heard you loud and clear on another front. While you loved our latest release, you still have some housekeeping items that need to be addressed. We couldn't agree more. This release focused on those very things for you, and we added a few of our own as well.
Other Important Notes
We removed two tokens from the e-mail template engine that were duplicates. You should review your e-mail templates and remove them if you’re using them. If you don’t, they’ll simply be replaced with an “obsolete” message.
- 27923 - SI: Add Searchable to Excel Import/Export Feature - We won’t ever be able to have every catalog setting in the Excel import feature, but we added the very commonly requested Is Searchable setting.
- 24223 - SI:CI: Allow Hyphens to Be Considered Text for Search Indexing - It’s very common for stores to include hyphens in their product SKU’s. This update allows that hyphen to be treated like an alphanumeric character, which can improve B2B search results greatly.
- 31412 - Improved Sample Products Usability - During trial mode, you can add some sample data to your catalog, including a large amount of analytics. We spent some time improving this feature to have the analytics added more quickly for instant feedback, as well as initiating the next step for an evaluation.
- 28017 - Removed Duplicate E-Mail Template Token: [[User.Comment]] - To avoid any confusion, we removed the [[User.Comment]] token and replaced it with [[User.Notes]].
- 28062 - Removed Duplicate E-Mail Template Token: [[LineItem.Sku]] - To avoid any confusion, we removed the [[LineItem.Sku]] token and replaced it with [[LineItem.ProductSku]].
- 28015 - SI: When using the REST API, the ProductFilesFindForProduct endpoint always returns a null value.
- 28395 - SI: [[Order.PaymentMethod]] token gets replaced by "No Payment Methods Selected" in e-mails when using PayPal Express.
- 25031 - SI: "Billing Address is not valid" message appears briefly when checkout first loads.
- 27237 - SI: FedEx shipping method label prefix isn’t shown on available rates on the checkout page.
- 28621 - SI: Transactions log items can be overwritten.
- 24893 - SI:CI: Delivery method is missing when using the “Make Qualifying Items Free Shipping” promotion action.
- 24894 - SI:CI: Shipping cost can be incorrect when using free shipping promotions.
- 28043 - HotcakesBar control panel can cause display issues in some instances.
- 28083 - Address validation doesn't work for non-shipping orders in checkout.
- 32302 - E-mail templates can display different shipping method names with several shipping packages and using the same shipping method.
Viewset changes unfortunately happen with every release as we add new default features, fix bugs, address browser compatibility issues, and so on. As you might imagine, some of these updates are “nice to have” while others are very necessary updates for you too.
Individual Viewset Updates