This release barely validated the minor version bump. It initially was supposed to be 03.03.01. However, it brings with it a small handful of exciting feature updates, including another new viewset and more performance updates.
This release has been tested and built against DNN 09.02.02 and is compatible with DNN versions through 09.06.01.
As always, please test your upgrades on a development/staging version of your site first. Be sure to back-up prior to upgrading, and merge any noted viewset changes as desired. We're not responsible for any Hotcakes that get burnt. *wink*
Downloads & Installation/Upgrade Packages
You can download Hotcakes at any time from the downloads page.
This is a feature release of Hotcakes Commerce, an open-source e-commerce CMS.
- Added a Porto5 Viewset - Any website using the popular Mandeeps Porto theme may now use a compatible viewset out-of-the-box.
- Localization Updates - More multilingual updates have been applied.
The release notes continue after the Sponsors and Code Contributors below.
Open-source is not free. We're so GRATEFUL for the following people/organizations for sponsoring developers to work on this release!
Sponsorship is Powered by GitHub Sponsors and ensures that this project lives and thrives. Please consider contributing any amount.
THANK YOU to the following rockstars!
THANK YOU to the following community members for participating in this release!
THANK YOU to the following partners for participating in this release!
Release Note Prefixes
The following prefixes are defined as:
- SI: Support Inquiry - This issue was reported by a support customer and, as such, was prioritized above all other tasks.
- CI: Community Inquiry - This issue was reported by a community member in the Hotcakes Commerce community forums.
- New Porto5 Viewset - Out-of-the-box viewset that's compatible with Mandeeps Porto 5 theme. (Issue 290)
- Sitemap Localization Support - The product sitemap now supports localized websites. (Issue 269)
- Issue 205 - SI: Search Results "Randomly" Sorts Vendors & Manufacturers
- Issue 288 - Resolves display issue with the language selector in the store administration.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Removed extra shopping button from the wish list view when empty.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Resolved display issue with cart header.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Checkout login label controls are now associated with their form controls.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Corrected the margin CSS class in the product details view.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Updated label formatting in the product details to have a consistent display.
- No Issue - Bootstrap4 Viewset: Preventing search engines from indexing add to cart links.
Viewset changes often happen with most releases as we add new default features, fix bugs, address browser compatibility issues, and so on. As you might imagine, some of these updates are "nice to have" while others are very necessary updates for you too.
It is ALWAYS recommended that you compare and merge any viewset changes that may have occurred from release to release.