In this release, we resolved a minor but annoying bug that impacted non-English-speaking store administrators.
As always, please test your upgrades on a development/staging version of your site first. Be sure to back-up prior to upgrading, and merge any noted viewset changes as desired. We're not responsible for any Hotcakes that get burnt. *wink*
Downloads & Installation/Upgrade Packages
You can download Hotcakes at any time from the downloads page.
This is a feature release of Hotcakes Commerce, an open-source e-commerce CMS.
The release notes continue after the Sponsors and Contributors below.
Open-source is not free. We're so GRATEFUL for the following people/organizations for sponsoring developers to work on this release!
Sponsorship is Powered by GitHub Sponsors and ensures that this project lives and thrives. Please consider contributing any amount.
THANK YOU to the following rockstars!
- David Poindexter, nvisionative
- Dan Rice, Pure Systems
- Matt Rutledge, Believe Kids
- Adam Bernstein, PracticeWise
- Aaron Lopez, Wolf X Machina
- In Touch Ministries
- RAND Corporation Worldwide
THANK YOU to the following community members for participating in this release!
- Will Strohl, Upendo Ventures
- Nirav Sanghvi, Upendo Ventures
- Tycho de Waard
- Alois Krichmayr
- Ryan (RenegadeMinds)
THANK YOU to the following partners for participating in this release!
Release Note Prefixes
The following prefixes are defined as:
- SI: Support Inquiry - This issue was reported by a support customer and, as such, was prioritized above all other tasks.
- CI: Community Inquiry - This issue was reported by a community member in the Hotcakes Commerce community forums.
- CI: Vendors & Manufacturers Added to Product Views - Designers now can access the name of a product manufacturer/vendor directly in the viewset without adding any new code. (Issue 311)
- Support for Submit Buttons in Viewsets - Designers now can use and target submit buttons in their viewset. (Issue 309)
- Enhanced Support for EU B2B Stores - EU-based stores can now enjoy proper formatting & validation of their respective VAT number. (Issue 155)
- Initial Support for Prompt Commands - You can now view products, categories, and a sales summary using Prompt in the persona bar. (No Issue)
- Issue 313 - SI: Category Viewer default sort (Manual) issue in drilldown view
- Issue 322 - HTML content was showing up in Bootstrap viewsets for user supplied price products.
- Issue 219 - Resolves HTTP Header error message in URL Rewriter.
- Issue 305 - No longer publish inactive products to sitemap.
Viewset changes often happen with most releases as we add new default features, fix bugs, address browser compatibility issues, and so on. As you might imagine, some of these updates are "nice to have" while others are very necessary updates to improve how your store functions for your customers.
It is ALWAYS recommended that you compare and merge any viewset changes that may have occurred from release to release.